Pages

Thursday, 11 October 2012

Hello readers! so today I'd like to share with you these books I have found on the internet; which are very interesting source of improving the way we sew! These are some of the unique books of couture that I am starting to collect. It is a good idea to look on internet for a free download version although it is sometimes very tiring job searching but worth it. I have plenty of books on my pc that i have downloaded for free. Today I bought the bridal couture wear book from the knitting and stitching show at Alexandra palace London.






But here are some excellent books I have found on Burda website writen by Marina. I have copied that page so I can save this books and share the information.

So, book number one is a little old dating back to 1959 a Soviet book with a title “Conversations About Housekeeping”. 

Line Jaque’s La Technique de la Coupe, ready-to-wear and Haute Couture, was a real treat not only forSoviets.

Photobucket



The out-of-print French original can still be found on eBay or 

Amazon. I don’t think there is an English translation.

Photobucket







Couture Sewing Techniques by Claire Shaeffer 


Photobucket























Susan Khalje’s Bridal Couture you can get hold of it, or purchase a PDF version on Susan’s website.

Photobucket 




















Susan Khalje Linen and Cotton.


Photobucket



















A Dressmaker’s Handbook of Couture Sewing Techniques by 


Lynda Maynard. Great step-by-step illustrations for almost forty techniques compensate.
Photobucket





















For Couture: the Art of Fine Sewing by Roberta Carr



Photobucket
A 























Collection of Sewing Tips by World Famous Designers



Photobucket






















Draping: Art and Craftsmanship in Fashion Design by Annete Duburg and Rixt van der Toll.1938.

Photobucket 

No comments:

Post a Comment