Pages

Saturday 31 August 2013

Sewing for children Contest August 2013.

Dear readers, :)


Finally, my outfits for the children contest are ready to be posted in the next hour, I better hurry before the deadline. ;0)

So, as  I have mentioned in my previous post I was going to choose between my two favourite baby boys patterns, but ended up making them both. It was such a lovely experience and the fitting was great, unfortunately i don't have no pictures of the baby trying them on for the first time.

The first outfit: 

Here is my version of the baby's sailor outfit from Kwik Sew pattern 3946 I made for my nephew this month, this is my very best attempt to impress the judges ..LOL..

-The baby sailor blue Blouse is a great alternative to the dress (see the  pattern) and this one is so cute. It has a nice neckline with binding and long raglan sleeves that will keep your baby warm. You could shorten the sleeves, or lengthen the hemline to customize this style. 





Second Outfit:
Is this formal style for a 9 month old baby (size medium in the simplicity 2264). For the yoke, I used linen, as I love myself.., linen are a summer essential , cool and have a wonderful drape.


And for the lower part of the outfit, the short,  I have used a beautiful flannel soft fabric; they can be shortened or lengthened. overall, I am very happy about the choice, hope the little man likes too hhh.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment